Charles Peter Hunt Kiefel
Charles is the Chairman of The Principals Funds Management. In summary, Charles’ background includes:
• Past Chairman of the Military Superannuation and Benefits Board of Trustees No 1 for 10 years to August 2007.
• Worked in London with Lazard Brothers & Co. Limited and in New York with Lazard Freres before returning to Australia as Director, Corporate Finance with Ord Minnett and then Managing Director of Corporate Finance at ANZ Investment Bank.
• In June 2019, appointed as a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) for significant service to Australia-United States relations, and to philanthropy.
• In September 2018 appointed as the Australian representative, in an honorary capacity, on the main Board of Directors of the Global Federation of Competitiveness Councils.
• In 2013 – appointed as an honorary Distinguished Fellow of the Global Federation of Competitiveness Councils www.thegfcc.org.
• In March 2018 appointed Co-Chairperson of The Australian Government Advisory Board on Technology and Healthcare Competitiveness (honorary role) www.austechhealth.com.
• Non-Executive Director of non-profit or charitable organisation: the Menzies Foundation for 28 years.
• Previously held advisory board positions with Pacific Equity Partners and CHAMP LBO Private Equity Fund.
• Awarded the Order of Australia Medal (OAM) in 2009 for “Service to the Superannuation and Funds Management industries and as a supporter of charitable and educational institutions”.
Shannon is a Director at The Principals Funds Management. In this position, she works with the Board on matters of strategy and governance and operationally, with a focus on compliance and distribution.
Shannon holds a Masters of Human Resource Management from Monash University, a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Communications degrees (scholarship) attained from Bond University, a Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance through Kaplan, is an Fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia and a Graduate of the Institute of Company Directors (GAICD). In addition, Shannon is a Director of Wantirna Community Bank.
Senior Manager – Business Development
Kenny is a Senior Manager – Business Development at The Principals Funds Management. He works closely with all team members within the business and is one of the key points of contact for all Clients and Investors.
He has over ten years global financial markets experience, having previously worked on the trading floors in London and Geneva with expertise spanning across multiple asset classes. Kenny moved to Australia at the beginning of 2015 and worked at ME Bank raising and managing funds for the on-balance sheet and was responsible for the Institutional Client channel.
Kenny is also a keen sportsman and was fortunate enough to play rugby for The Barbarian Rugby Football Club and England Counties. He has also played first class cricket for Kent Cricket Board. He enjoys golf, road cycling and ski-mountaineering having completed the Haute Route.
Anthony is a Chartered Accountant with over 30 years of private clients experience. He joined the Melbourne Office Taxation Division of Arthur Andersen in 1984. In 1987, Anthony was chosen to assist in the establishment of Arthur Andersen’s Adelaide Taxation Division.
In 1990, Anthony was promoted to Manager. Anthony was also in-charge of Melbourne’s Private Client Practice for six years and he was promoted to Partner in 1996. With the demise of the Andersen Worldwide Network in 2002, Anthony established Dominion Private Clients to continue his passion for personalised high quality private client advice. In 2011 Dominion Private Clients merged with Mutual Trust. Anthony has now established his own consultancy practice utilising the resources of the KordaMenthaGroup.
Peter is respected strategic leader within the Financial Services sector. Peter currently holds the following roles across financial services, sport and philanthropy:
- Non-executive Director at Australian Foundation Investment Company Ltd. Chair, Audit Committee, Nomination Committee member. Chairman, AICS Ltd, a subsidiary of AFIC
- Chairman MIPS Supervisory Committee at FIGG Securities
- Independent Chairman and Board Member, NAB Trustee Services Limited at National Australia Bank
- Advisory Board Member at TLC Aged Care
- Board Member at Aruma (Aruma is the merger between House With No Steps and The Tipping Foundation)
- Non Executive Director, Cricket Victoria
Previously, Peter has held the following positions:
- Treasurer/Board member & Chair, Investment Committee The Foundation for Young Australians (FYA)
- Board Member, Baseball Australia Jan 2005 – Sep 2017
- Chairman, Olympic Park Sports Medicine Centre Dec 2009 – Mar 2017
- Managing Director, Equity Trustees Ltd. from Feb 2003 – Feb 2010
- Chief Executive Officer at AXA Trustees Ltd. from 1996 – Dec 2001
- Head Of Marketing at National Mutual Funds Management from Oct 1993 – Jun 1996
- General Manager at National Mutual Hong Kong Limited from Dec 1988 – Sep 1993
Communications Manager and Executive Assistant
Rosy is the Communications Manager and Executive Assistant of The Principals Funds Management. Her position encompasses dual responsibilities as Executive Assistant to Charles Kiefel AM and as Communications Manager, Rosy works with Charles, Shannon Leake and Kenny Bingham facilitating introductions between our Clients and Wholesale investors across Australasia, primarily through carefully constructed, targeted Roadshow programmes.
Rosy’s career background in Executive Management, Business Development Management and Marketing/Communications covers the fields of Management Consulting and Executive Recruitment, Real Estate Property Management, Advertising, Finance/Insurance Broking, Marketing Communications/Public Relations and Magazine Publishing. Rosy represents the Company from her home base in Angaston, South Australia.