Charles Peter Hunt Kiefel
Charles is the Chairman of The Principals Funds Management. In summary, Charles’ background includes:
• Past Chairman of the Military Superannuation and Benefits Board of Trustees No 1 for 10 years to August 2007.
• Worked in London with Lazard Brothers & Co. Limited and in New York with Lazard Freres before returning to Australia as Director, Corporate Finance with Ord Minnett and then Managing Director of Corporate Finance at ANZ Investment Bank.
• In June 2019, appointed as a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) for significant service to Australia-United States relations, and to philanthropy.
• In September 2018 appointed as the Australian representative, in an honorary capacity, on the main Board of Directors of the Global Federation of Competitiveness Councils.
• In 2013 – appointed as an honorary Distinguished Fellow of the Global Federation of Competitiveness Councils www.thegfcc.org.
• In March 2018 appointed Co-Chairperson of The Australian Government Advisory Board on Technology and Healthcare Competitiveness (honorary role) www.austechhealth.com.
• Non-Executive Director of non-profit or charitable organisation: the Menzies Foundation for 28 years.
• Previously held advisory board positions with Pacific Equity Partners and CHAMP LBO Private Equity Fund.
• Awarded the Order of Australia Medal (OAM) in 2009 for “Service to the Superannuation and Funds Management industries and as a supporter of charitable and educational institutions”.
Shannon is a Director at The Principals Funds Management. In this position, she works with the Board on matters of strategy and governance and operationally, with a focus on compliance and distribution.
Shannon holds a Masters of Human Resource Management from Monash University, a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Communications degrees (scholarship) attained from Bond University, a Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance through Kaplan, is an Fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia and a Graduate of the Institute of Company Directors (GAICD). In addition, Shannon is a Director of Wantirna Community Bank.
Senior Manager – Business Development
Kenny is a Senior Manager – Business Development at The Principals Funds Management. He works closely with all team members within the business and is one of the key points of contact for all Clients and Investors.
He has over ten years global financial markets experience, having previously worked on the trading floors in London and Geneva with expertise spanning across multiple asset classes. Kenny moved to Australia at the beginning of 2015 and worked at ME Bank raising and managing funds for the on-balance sheet and was responsible for the Institutional Client channel.
Kenny is also a keen sportsman and was fortunate enough to play rugby for The Barbarian Rugby Football Club and England Counties. He has also played first class cricket for Kent Cricket Board. He enjoys golf, road cycling and ski-mountaineering having completed the Haute Route.
Anthony is a Chartered Accountant with over 30 years of private clients experience. He joined the Melbourne Office Taxation Division of Arthur Andersen in 1984. In 1987, Anthony was chosen to assist in the establishment of Arthur Andersen’s Adelaide Taxation Division.
In 1990, Anthony was promoted to Manager. Anthony was also in-charge of Melbourne’s Private Client Practice for six years and he was promoted to Partner in 1996. With the demise of the Andersen Worldwide Network in 2002, Anthony established Dominion Private Clients to continue his passion for personalised high quality private client advice. In 2011 Dominion Private Clients merged with Mutual Trust. Anthony has now established his own consultancy practice utilising the resources of the KordaMenthaGroup.
Dr Emmanuel (Manny) Clive Pohl
Dr. Pohl is currently Chairman and CIO of investment house EC Pohl & Co, which he founded in June 2012. EC Pohl & Co is an investment manager that specialises in identifying and investing in quality Australian companies. He has been an independent non-executive director of Bond University Limited since 19 April 2016, has more than thirty years of investment experience and has served on the boards of several major corporations and the Accounting Practices Board in his native South Africa and his adopted home Australia. He has extensive experience in the funds management industry. His past roles have included: Director, Queensland Gas Co Ltd; Director, Growth Equities Corp Ltd; Managing Director, Hyperion Asset Management limited, Portfolio Manager, Westpac Investment Management and Director and Head of Research, Davis Borkum Hare Inc. He has also been heavily involved in the community sector, particularly with sport, health, environment and arts philanthropic organisations. He was member of the Mater Research Foundation and the Great Barrier Reef Foundation. In June 2019, Dr. Pohl was made a Member of the Order of Australia for service to the Financial sector and to philanthropy.
Other current directorships
· Managing Director, Global Masters Fund Limited.
· Managing Director, Flagship Investments Limited.
· Non-Executive Director and Chairman, Athelney Trust Plc.
· Non-Executive Director, Bond University Limited.
· Chairman and CIO, EC Pohl & Co Pty Ltd.
· Chairman and CIO, ECP Asset Management Pty Ltd.
· Chairman and CIO, EC Pohl & Co Private Equity Limited.
· Chairman, Astuce Group Limited.
· Chairman, Pohl Pty Ltd.
· Director, Huysamer International Holdings (Pty) Ltd.
· Trustee, Currumbin Wild Life Hospital Foundation.
· Chairman and President, Bond University Rugby Club.
Member of Audit & Risk Management Committee.
Member of Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
Member of Nominations Committee.
Communications Manager and Executive Assistant
Rosy is the Communications Manager and Executive Assistant of The Principals Funds Management. Her position encompasses dual responsibilities as Executive Assistant to Charles Kiefel AM and as Communications Manager, Rosy works with Charles, Shannon Leake and Kenny Bingham facilitating introductions between our Clients and Wholesale investors across Australasia, primarily through carefully constructed, targeted Roadshow programmes.
Rosy’s career background in Executive Management, Business Development Management and Marketing/Communications covers the fields of Management Consulting and Executive Recruitment, Real Estate Property Management, Advertising, Finance/Insurance Broking, Marketing Communications/Public Relations and Magazine Publishing. Rosy represents the Company from her home base in Angaston, South Australia.