Charles Peter Hunt Kiefel
Charles is the Chairman of The Principals Funds Management. In summary, Charles’ background includes:
• Past Chairman of the Military Superannuation and Benefits Board of Trustees No 1 for 10 years to August 2007.
• Worked in London with Lazard Brothers & Co. Limited and in New York with Lazard Freres before returning to Australia as Director, Corporate Finance with Ord Minnett and then Managing Director of Corporate Finance at ANZ Investment Bank.
• In June 2019, appointed as a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) for significant service to Australia-United States relations, and to philanthropy.
• In September 2018 appointed as the Australian representative on the main Board of Directors of the Global Federation of Competitiveness Councils.
• In 2013 – appointed as a Distinguished Fellow of the Global Federation of Competitiveness Councils www.thegfcc.org.
• In March 2018 appointed Co-Chairperson of The Australian Government Advisory Board on Technology and Healthcare Competitiveness www.austechhealth.com.au
• Non-Executive Director of non-profit or charitable organisation: the Menzies Foundation for 28 years.
• Previously held advisory board positions with Pacific Equity Partners and CHAMP LBO Private Equity Fund.
• Awarded the Order of Australia Medal (OAM) in 2009 for “Service to the Superannuation and Funds Management industries and as a supporter of charitable and educational institutions”.
• In November 2021, appointed by the Federal Government as a Board Member of the Clean Energy Regulator.
• In April 2022, appointed as a member of the Board of EC Pohl Asset Management as a non executive director.